Soil Classification & Assessment
Understanding the nature of soils present at the location of a proposed development allows effective planning and implementation of construction, operation and reclamation activities; saving considerable time and costs over the life of a project. Soil assessments and soil classification can also provide key information as to the potential movement of contaminants in an emergency situation, or can explain otherwise incomprehensible results from laboratory analyses. Gen7 Environmental Solutions soil assessments classify soils according to the Canadian System of Soil Classification.
Soil assessment and soil classification are an integral components of:
- Horizontal Directional Drill (HDD) profiles and planning;
- Pre-disturbance assessments;
- Reclamation Certification and Reclamation Planning;
- Hydrological assessments / hydrological monitoring,
- Surface water quality assessments / water quality monitoring, and,
- Habitat classification / habitat assessments.