Water Quality Assessments & Monitoring
Aquatic environments and the wildlife inhabiting them are especially sensitive to contamination, whether as the result of a spill, or regular construction and operation activities of an oil and gas facility. Surface water quality assessments or surface water quality monitoring may be required by regulators as part of an emergency spill response program, wildlife impact mitigation plan, construction mitigation plan, or remediation plan. Gen7 Environmental Solutions has designed and implemented a variety of water quality assessment and short and long-term monitoring programs for a range of aquatic environments, including wetlands, ponds, lakes and watercourses.
Gen7 Environmental Solutions water quality assessments and water quality monitoring services include:
- Emergency spill response if needed;
- Understanding and interpretation experience of Alberta Government Environmental Quality Guidelines for Alberta Surface Waters, and Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines by the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment (CCME);
- Initial assessment and characterization of water quality, including field screening, sampling and direction of lab to appropriate analysis procedure options and detection levels;
- Design and implementation of short term and long term monitoring programs with specialty equipment and meters as needed;
- Design and implementation of wildlife mitigation and/or wildlife monitoring programs to ensure impacts are not extended to wildlife; and,
- Preparation of aquatic assessment and monitoring report for regulatory filing with professional sign‐off.