Phase 2 ESA
A Phase II Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) is a field investigation of a property to characterize and delineate potential contamination at a property or site. A Phase 2 ESA includes tracing all possible paths of contamination movement from the source, and developing recommendations to remediate the contaminated materials. During a Phase 2 ESA, Gen7 Environmental Solutions will propose and implement a sampling and analysis program that may include surface or subsurface soil sampling, soil vapour sampling, sediment sampling, geophysical analysis, surface or groundwater sampling, vegetation and wildlife assessments, indoor/outdoor air sampling, testing of building materials for asbestos and lead, followed by direction for project-specific laboratory analysis.
A Phase 2 ESA completed by Gen7 Environmental Solutions will include:
- Comprehensive review of all relevant documentation (such as a Phase 1 ESA) to inform the field investigation;
- Design and implementation of a sampling program to fully characterize and delineate contaminants present;
- Direction to laboratory as to appropriate analysis procedure options and detection levels;
- Understanding and interpretation of all potential applicable guidelines, including the Tier 1 and 2 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines, Alberta Government Environmental Quality Guidelines for Alberta Surface Waters, and Canadian Environmental Quality Guidelines by the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment (CCME).
- Ground disturbance supervision during assessment procedures (if needed); and
- Recommendations as to proceeding with remediation (Phase 3 ESA) if required.